The following article will help Axis Neuron and Axis Neuron Pro users stream data to Mannequin or Metahuman characters inside of Unreal Engine. This process is supported for 4.27-5.03
- Unreal Engine Mannequin
- Unreal Engine Metahumans
- PN32_Metahumas_Corrective_Pose -DOWNLOAD(16 MB)
- Mannequin - Add Third Person Content Pack
- Metahuman - Use any metahuman from Quixel Bridge window
Axis Neuron/Pro Setup
Go to Output Format, disable Displacement.
Choose TCP or UDP. For this example, we will demonstrate with UDP.
In Axis Neuron/Pro. Connect a hardware or loop a motion capture take to stream real-time data
Import Corrective pose
Import the PN32_Metahumans_Corrective_Pose.FBX into your content browser.
- Select the skeleton of choice. Metahuman or Mannequin. This depends on which character you want to work with
- As of UE 5.03 enable Use Default Sample Rate
Corrective Pose file should look like this in your content browser
Create Anim Blueprint
- Right click the Skeleton Asset
- Click Create --> Anim Blueprint.
- Rename the character with prefix of ABP_
- Open the Anim Blueprint
- Create a Live Link Pose node in the Anim Graph
- Connect the Live link Pose to the Output Pose
- Select the Live Link Pose node
- In the Details panel, select UE_Metahumans_LiveLink_RemapAsset.
- Drag and drop the imported corrective pose animation into the animation blueprint window and connect it to the input of the Live Link Pose
- Once you have Axis Studio connected to Unreal via Live Link, select the incoming Live Link Subject Name from the drop down menu
- Locate your metahuman Actor Blueprint
- Add a Live Link Skeletal Animation component to view your data in real time in the viewport
- Select the Body component and change the Animation Mode in the Details panel to Use Animation Blueprint
- Load the metahuman's Anim Blueprint we just created from the drop-down menu
- Compile and Save
- Place the Actor into your scene