Using a corrective Pose
In this section we will cover how to set up your Metahuman in Unreal Engine so that it can be driven by incoming data from Axis Studio.
Download the following assets DOWNLOAD
1. Import the Corrective pose animation FBX into your project with metahumans.
2. Select the base skeleton you want to target, then import animation.
3. Create an animation blueprint for the metahuman skeleton. By right clicking the skeleton and selecting Create --> Anim Blueprint.
4. Name your blueprint “ABP_MetahumanName”.
5. Open the Anim Blueprint you created and create a Live Link Pose node in the Anim Graph.
6. Connect the Live link Pose to the Output Pose.
7. Select the Live Link Pose node and in the Details panel, select UE_Mannequin_LiveLink_RemapAsset.
8. Drag and drop imported corrective pose animation into the animation blueprint window, and connect it to the input pose of the Live Link Pose.
9. Select the incoming Live Link Subject Name from the drop down menu.
*If nothing appears on this list, ensure Neuron Live Link Plugin is enabled and a live link connection is established, also ensure there is a live person wearing the motion capture suit or an animation is playing in Axis Studio.
10. Locate your metahuman Actor Blueprint
11. Add a Live Link Skeletal Animation component to preview your data in real time.
12. Select the body component and change the Animation Mode in the Details panel to "Use Animation Blueprint." Select your ABP_MetahumanName from the drop down.
13. Compile and Save
14. Place the Actor into your scene