1. Software Installation
Download page found here
Run the installer to initiate the installation process. Follow the installation prompts and install Axis
We recommend installing the software in the default directory.
2. Activate Software Dongle
- Attach the Axis Studio License Dongle onto your computer.
- Run Axis Studio. You'll receive a license alert dialogue.
- Click Activate, input activation code and click Next.
- Activation code is found on your NEURONMOCAP.COM order page.
- If you have not received a code, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activate one dongle at a time.
- Click Activate. Allow the wizard to transfer your license to your attached dongle.
- Click OK to run the Axis Studio software.
3. Charging Sensors
Before you begin operating the sensors, we suggest to fully charge the sensors. Perception Neuron Studio body sensors typically take 1.5 hours.
To charge the body sensors, insert the PN Studio sensors onto the dock inside the charging case. The body sensors have an LED light indicator, a solid red light indicates sensors are charging. Once a body sensor is fully charge, the red LED light will shut off.
4. Powering Body Sensors
Body sensors have two methods to power on. The following list explain the different methods.
While the calibration box is connected to a power outlet, unplug the charging cable from the charging dock to auto turn on all docked sensors.
Press the button on top of the sensor for about 2s to turn on the sensor. Press the button for about 5s to turn off the sensor.
Once sensors are powered on, the LED indicator will begin to flash a frequency color. There are a total of 5 different frequencies. Pay close attention to the color LED indicator, the color should match that of the transceiver frequency in order to connect to Axis Studio.
See the next step on connecting the transceiver to Axis Studio.
5.Connect the Transceiver to Axis Studio
The Transceiver can be setup via USB in single performer mode, or Ethernet for multi performer mode.
TIP: Transceivers are available for purchase on our online store. Adding devices via Ethernet user can either expand their coverage for a single performer setup or create modular mesh setup for multi performer mode. A DHCP enable router and a POE switch will be required for this setup.
When attaching the Transceiver to the computer for the first time, the IP address for the transceiver Remote Network Driver Interface (RNDIS) needs to be configured.
If you are using two or more transceivers simultaneously, use an unmanaged switch and a DHCP enabled
router to synchronize the transceivers data
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the PC to the router.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the switch.
- Connect Ethernet cables from the transceivers to the switch
- Once the transceivers have been connected successfully they show now appear in the software
6. Preparing the Capture Area
The PN Studio sensors contain magnetometers which can be affected by strong magnetic interference in the environment.
- Users must operate the sensors in an environment with the least amount of magnetic interference.
- You can use a magnetometer app to measure the magnetic interference in the environment, aim to be between 40 and 50 microteslas.
- If you choose to use Perception Neuron Studio Inertial System in a location with strong magnetic interference, utilize our “Anti-mag mode” found in our software.
- Maximum working temperature of equipment: 60 ℃
- Maximum humidity: 80% (no condensation)
7. Calibrate the sensors to the environment
Leave the sensors in their charging dock, connect them to Axis Studio with Quick Connect. Run a magnetic calibration to help them adapt to the environment.
Simplified Magnetic Calibration
Go to Main Menu --> Magnetic Calibration --> Simplified. If the sensors do not pass, try the standard calibration.
Standard Magnetic Calibration
Go to Main Menu --> Magnetic Calibration --> Standard
Click the Posture Calibration Button. Make sure the skeleton on the screen looks correct. If you tilt the sensors in the dock, the skeleton should tilt in the same direction.
8. Strap Placement
Sensor Placement is extremely important to achieve the best results in capturing motion.
Use the appropriate length of strap that fits the performer for each segment. Attach the straps according to the diagram below:
Place the sensors into the bases. Rotate the sensors 90 degrees clockwise.
Before wearing gloves, two “AA” size batteries should be installed in the battery compartment of PNS gloves, and PNS gloves can be turned on by pressing the side button for about 1s. Press this button for about 4s to turn off the PNS gloves.
- Select the body size preset that best matches your actor
- Click the Posture Calibration button
- Follow the prompts as they lead you through the different poses
- Your working mode will determine which poses are needed