Make sure you have all the required hardware.
Download page found here
Run the installer to initiate the installation process. Follow the installation prompts and install Axis
Studio. We recommend installing the software in the default directory.
3.Activate Axis Studio Software Dongle
- Plug in the Axis Studio License Dongle.
- Click Activate, input activation code and click Next.
- Activation code is found on your NEURONMOCAP.COM order page.
- If there are more than 2 Axis Studio License Dongles in your computer, please choose the right USB dongle for activation.
- Click Activate
- Click OK to run the Axis Studio software.
4.Preparing the Sensors
Insert the PN Studio sensors into the charging case to charge them. The light will be red while charging and will turn off when done.
Turn on the PN Studio Sensors
- Method 1: Unplugging the charging cable from the charging dock will turn on all the sensors.
- Method 2: Press the button on top of the sensor for about 2s to turn on the sensor. Press the button for about 5s to turn off the sensor.
5. Connect the Transceiver to Axis Studio
Perception Neuron Studio includes transceiver. The Transceiver must be set up properly before using your PN Studio. The device can be setup via USB in single performer mode, or Ethernet for multi performer mode.
TIP: Transceivers are available for purchase soon on our online store. Adding devices via Ethernet user can either expand their coverage for a single performer setup or create modular mesh setup for multi performer mode. A DHCP enable router and an POE switch will be required for this setup.
When attaching the Transceiver to the computer for the first time, the IP address for the transceiver Remote Network Driver Interface (RNDIS) needs to be configured
- Connect the USB to the Transceiver
- Connect the USB to the computer
- Open Network Connection --> Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network and Sharing Center --> Change Adapter Setting
In the Network Connections panel, locate an adapter with Remote NDIS properties. This new adapter detected by your computer is your Perception Neuron Studio Transceiver.
Open the properties of the Remote NDIS, and open the IPV4 settings.
- Set the following IPV4 properties
- IP Address: 192.168.0.200* (range: 192.168.1-192.168.1.240 )
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Confirm settings and exit all Network Property windows.
- Restart Transceiver by disconnecting and reconnecting USB cable from the Transceiver.
- Open Axis Studio software*
*If the transceiver is not shown in the software, please check USB transceiver link troubleshooting
If you are using two or more transceivers simultaneously, use an unmanaged switch and a DHCP enabled
router to synchronize the transceivers data
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the PC to the router.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the switch.
- Connect Ethernet cables from the transceivers to the switch
- Once the transceivers have been connected successfully they show now appear in the software
6.Preparing the Capture Area
The PN Studio sensors contain magnetometers which can be affected by strong magnetic interference in the environment.
- Users must operate the sensors in an environment with the least amount of magnetic interference.
- You can use a magnetometer app to measure the magnetic interference in the environment, aim to be between 40 and 50 microteslas.
- If you choose to use Perception Neuron Studio Inertial System in a location with strong magnetic interference, utilize our “Anti-mag mode” found in our software.
- Maximum working temperature of equipment: 60 ℃
- Maximum humidity: 80% (no condensation)
Calibrate the sensors to the environment
Leave the sensors in their charging dock, connect them to Axis Studio with Quick Connect. Run a magnetic calibration to help them adapt to the environment.
Simplified Magnetic Calibration
Go to Main Menu --> Magnetic Calibration --> Simplified. If the sensors do not pass, try the standard calibration.
Standard Magnetic Calibration
Go to Main Menu --> Magnetic Calibration --> Standard
Click the Posture Calibration Button. Make sure the skeleton on the screen looks correct. If you tilt the sensors in the dock, the skeleton should tilt in the same direction.
Sensor Placement is extremely important to achieve the best results in capturing motion.
Use the appropriate length of strap that fits the performer for each segment. Attach the straps according to the diagram below:
Place the sensors into the bases. Rotate the sensors 90 degrees clockwise.
Before wearing gloves, two “AA” size batteries should be installed in the battery compartment of PNS gloves, and PNS gloves can be turned on by pressing the side button for about 1s. Press this button for about 4s to turn off the PNS gloves.
8.Calibrating the Actor
Click the green connection button to enter the wizard mode.
- Plug and unplug the charging box and the PNS sensor will automatically turn on.
- Press the side switch of PNS gloves for about 2s to open the gloves.
- Click next after opening.
- Place a non-iron table or high stool in the center of the moving capture area, stack the
antimagnetic suitcase on the table, and put the sensor charging case and gloves on the
suitcase. Click Next when you're done.
This step will carry out four checks. If the orange exclamation mark appears, clicking the exclamation mark will show the cause of the error. Please check the device according to the solution on the picture, and click the next step until all the four items are correct.
Each sensor has a unique part of the human body, and the wrong position can lead to a posture error. If you have properly worn the body straps and installed the PNS sensor.
- Select the body size preset that best matches your actor
- Click the Posture Calibration button
- Follow the prompts as they lead you through the different poses
- Your working mode will determine which poses are needed