See hardware list here
Download Axis Studio
3.Activate Axis Studio Software Dongle
Information on activating license found here. Once complete Run Axis Studio.
4.Connect Transceiver to Axis Studio
While you have the PROJECT MANAGEMENT window open. Plug-in your transceiver into your computer
When connecting the transceiver for the first time, the following interface will pop up, please
click Yes. This step allows Axis Studio software to automatically identify the transceiver
without manual setup.
Check your Environment
The Perception Neuron 3 sensors contain magnetometers which can be affected by strong magnetic interference in the environment.
- Users must operate the sensors in an environment with the least amount of magnetic interference.
- You can use a magnetometer app to measure the magnetic interference in the environment, aim to be between 40 and 50 microteslas.
- Maximum working temperature of equipment: 60 ℃
- Maximum humidity: 80% (no condensation)
5. Sensor Setup
Insert the PN3 sensor into the charging dock to charge them. The light will be red while charging and will turn off when done.
Turn on the PN3 Sensors
- Method 1: Unplugging the charging cable from the charging dock will turn on all the sensors.
- Method 2: Press the button on top of the sensor for about 2s to turn on the sensor. Press the button for about 5s to turn off the sensor.
Connecting with Wizard
Click the green connection button to enter the wizard mode.
- Plug and unplug the charging box and the PN3 sensor will automatically turn on.
- Press the side switch of PN3 gloves for about 2s to open the gloves.
- Click Next after opening.
- Place a non-iron table or high stool in the center of the moving capture area, stack the
antimagnetic suitcase on the table, and put the sensor charging dock and gloves on the
suitcase. Click Next when you're done.
- This step will carry out four checks.
- Sensor Count makes sure that all the sensors are on and connected to Axis Studio.
- Sensor Initialization runs a steady calibration on the sensors.
- Signal Quality makes sure that the signal quality is usable.
- Sensor Posture runs a simplified magnetic calibration.
- If the orange exclamation mark appears, clicking the exclamation mark will show the cause of the error. Please check the device according to the solution on the picture, and click Redo until all the four items are correct.
7. Strap Placement
Place the straps on the actor according to the diagram below:
It is important that the sensors do not move during capture, so make sure they are secure on the actor and are not placed on top of loose clothing.
Place sensors on the straps
Insert the PN3 sensor into the base of the strap to ensure that it will not fall off due to movement.
8. Calibrating the actor
Body Size Profile
- Select the Body Size Template that best matches your actor
- You can customize a body size profile by following these guidelines.
- Click the Posture Calibration button
- Follow the prompts as they lead you through the different poses
- Your working mode will determine which poses are needed
9. Capture and Record
- Name your take
- Choose where to save your file
- Add comments
- Click the Record button to start and stop
10. Edit and Export
- Double click a file to open it in the Editing Window.
- Start by clicking Data Process. This cleans up the data by removing jitter and dropped frames.
- Now you can edit contact points. Highlight frames and right click to edit. Click Data Process again when you are done.
- Click Save As to save another copy of your file.
- Click Export when you are ready to export your data.
- Check your Export Settings.
- Select your File Type.
- Select your Skeleton.
- Enable Motion Data and Displacement.
- Choose where to save your file