Make sure you have all the required hardware.
See list here
Run the installer to initiate the installation process. Follow the installation prompts and install Axis
Studio. We recommend installing the software in the default directory.
Download page found here
3.Activate Axis Studio Software Dongle
- Plug in the Axis Studio License Dongle.
- Click activate, input activation code and click next.
- Activation code is found on your NEURONMOCAP.COM order page.
- If there are more than 2 Axis Studio License Dongles in your computer, please choose the right USB dongle for activation.
- Click activate
- Click ok to run the Axis Studio software.
Insert the PN3 sensor into the charging dock to charge them. The light will be red while charging and will turn off when done.
Turn on the PN3 Sensors
- Method 1: Unplugging the charging cable from the charging dock will turn on all the sensors.
- Method 2: Press the button on top of the sensor for about 2s to turn on the sensor. Press the button for about 5s to turn off the sensor.
5.Connect Transceiver to Axis Studio
When connecting the transceiver for the first time, the following interface will pop up, please
click Yes. This step allows Axis Studio software to automatically identify the transceiver
without manual setup.
If you use Ethernet mode, this interface will not pop up. You don't need to set any IP address,
just wait for a moment, the transceiver will automatically be connected.
If the hardware part has been deployed, the interface should be as shown in the figure.
6.Preparing the capture area
The PN3 sensors contain magnetometers which can be affected by strong magnetic interference in the environment.
- Users must operate the sensors in an environment with the least amount of magnetic interference.
- You can use a magnetometer app to measure the magnetic interference in the environment, aim to be between 40 and 50 microteslas.
- If you choose to use Perception Neuron 3 Inertial System in a location with strong magnetic interference, utilize our “Anti-mag mode” found in our software.
- Maximum working temperature of equipment: 60 ℃
- Maximum humidity: 80% (no condensation)
Calibrate sensors to the environment
Leave the sensors in their charging dock, connect them to Axis Studio with quick connect, and run a magnetic calibration to help them adapt to the environment.
Simplified Magnetic Calibration
Go to main menu --> magnetic calibration --> simplified. If the sensors do not pass, try the standard calibration.
Standard Magnetic Calibration
Go to main menu --> magnetic calibration --> standard
Go to main menu --> posture calibration. Make sure the skeleton on the screen looks correct. If you tilt the sensors in the dock, the skeleton should tilt in the same direction.
Place the straps on the actor according to the diagram below:
It is important that the sensors do not move during capture, so make sure they are secure on the actor and not placed on top of loose clothing.
Place sensors on the straps
Insert the PN3 sensor into the base of the strap to ensure that it will not fall off due to movement.
8.Calibrating the actor
Click the green connection button to enter the wizard mode.
- Plug and unplug the charging box and the PN3 sensor will automatically turn on.
- Press the side switch of PN3 gloves for about 2s to open the gloves.
- Click next after opening.
- Place a non-iron table or high stool in the center of the moving capture area, stack the
antimagnetic suitcase on the table, and put the sensor charging dock and gloves on the
suitcase. Click Next when you're done.
This step will carry out four checks. If the orange exclamation mark appears, clicking the exclamation mark will show the cause of the error. Please check the device according to the solution on the picture, and click the next step until all the four items are correct.
Each sensor has a unique part of the human body, and the wrong position can lead to a posture error. If you have properly worn the body straps and installed the PN3 sensor.
- Select the body size preset that best matches your actor
- Click the posture calibration button
- Follow the prompts as they lead you through the different poses
- Your working mode will determine which poses are needed