In the box
Hardware included in PN3 Body Kit
- (17) Perception Neuron 3 Body Sensors
- (17) Perception Neuron 3 sensor socket attachments
- (1) Perception Neuron 3 Spare Sensor
- (1) USB-C Transceiver
- (1) USB-C to USB A adapter
- (3) USB-C charging cables
- (3) Modular Charging Dock
- (1) Set of Full Body Straps
- (1) Mesh Bag for straps
- (1) EVA Carry Case
- (1) Axis Studio Software dongle
- (1) Base Glove Size (M)
Hardware Included in PN3 Glove Sensor Kit
- (6) PN3 Finger Sensors
- (1) PN3 Charging Dock
- (1) USB-A to USB-C cable
The PN3's sensors are wireless MEMS inertial sensors with gyroscope, accelerometer and magnetometer integration.
Turn on the PN3 Sensors
- Method 1: Unplugging the charging cable from the charging dock will turn on all the sensors.
- Method 2: Press the button on top of the sensor for about 2s to turn on the sensor. Press the button for about 5s to turn off the sensor.
Light Status Description
- Slow Blink: Sensor is in standby mode to save the power
- Fast Blink: Sensor is in working mode, calculating the transfer of data
- Solid light: There is magnetic interference in the environment near the sensor
- Red light: Sensor has low battery or is charging
- Green light: Sensor is in channel 1
- Blue light: Sensor is in channel 2
- Magenta light: Sensor is in channel 3
- Cyan light: Sensor is in channel 4
- White light: Sensor is in channel 5
PN3 USB Transceiver
The data transceiver is mainly used for sending commands and receiving data. The data transceiver receives the command from axis studio and sends it to each sensor through the 2.4GHz wireless network. The data transceiver receives the data from the sensor in real time through the 2.4GHz wireless network, synchronizes the time of the data, and transmits the data to the Axis Studio software.
Light Status Description
- Red solid light: Wait for DHCP assignment
- Green light: Transceiver in channel 1
- Blue light: Transceiver in channel 2
- Magenta light: Transceiver is in channel 3
- Cyan light: Transceiver is in channel 4
- White light: Transceiver is in channel 5
Place the transceiver as demonstrated in the diagram to achieve the best optimal wireless signal.
Base Body Straps
Use the body straps to place the PN3 sensors on the actors. Make sure the straps are tight and secure.
The charging docks are modular and can be used to calibrate the sensors as well as charge them.
Axis Studio License dongle
You Axis Studio license will be tied to this dongle and must be plugged into your computer in order to use the Axis Studio Software.
Perception Neuron Base Glove
Each glove can hold 3 sensors to track fingers: 1 for the thumb, 1 for the index finger, and 1 for the middle finger. The middle finger will move the ring finger and pinky in the software.
Perception Neuron 3 Charging docks have a USB-C port to charge sensors that are docked. Users will need to connect the included USB-A to USB-C cable to a USB wall charger in order to provide enough battery to charge the PN3 sensors. We recommend purchasing a 4- PORT USB wall charger.