Axis Software Setup
Open recorded data or connect a mocap device. If using pre-recorded data, make sure it is looping
Axis Studio Setup
- Click Main Menu --> Settings --> Advanced BVH Broadcasting
- Enable Capture for live data and Edit for prerecorded data
- Select the Maya/MOBU/Human IK Skeleton preset
- Select TCP
- Choose the correct IP under Local address and enter a valid net port
- Click OK to apply the settings
Axis Neuron Setup
- Go to File --> Settings -->Broadcasting
- Turn on TCP
- Enable Advanced BVH broadcasting and make a note of the port number
Motion Builder Set Up
Now, open Motion Builder
- Navigate to Assert Brower -> Devices
- Drag Motion Robot into the Viewport.
- Configure the corresponding IP address and net port.
- Click Online to connect to Axis Studio.
- Online button's color will turn green when connected.
- Source will list all characters in Axis Studio if connected.
- A yellow light is displays if you are connected to Axis Studio but you didn’t receive data in the specified amount of time.
- Select a bound model from the Model Binding field, or choose Create to create a model
- Check Live to receive data streaming from Axis Studio
- Check Stay In T-Pose before characterizing
- Click the Characterize button
- Drag your character model into the Viewport. Click FBX Merge --> All Takes
- Select your character for Character and NoitomRobot as the Source in the Character Controls panel
- Unclick Stay in T-Pose
When the Recording option for a Motion robot is active, you can record the data from Axis Studio to the current take shown in the Transport Controls panel
- Click the Record button in the Transport Controls panel
- Click Overwrite
- Click the Play button to start recording
- Click Stop button to finish recording
- Uncheck Live to enter playback mode
- Click the Play button to playback your takes
We recommend not doing more than 4 takes per fbx file.