Setup in Axis studio
Export your mocap data from Axis Studio as an FBX and add a T-pose to the head frame.
Setup in Houdini for Axis Studio file
Open Houdini and go your node editor.
- Add a geometry node.
- Open the geometry node and add an FBX character import node.
- Use this node to add your character to the scene.
- Add an FBX animation node and use it to load your animation.
- Add a bone deformation node and connect it to the FBX character import node.
- Add a rig match pose node and have the FBX character import and FBX animation import both feed into it.
- Add a map points node and connect it to the rig match pose node.
Turn display on for the map points node.
- Change the target guide offset to 0.3 in z.
- Click on the viewport and click enter.
- Connect all the points between the skeletons.
When that’s done, add a full body IK node and connect it to the map points node. Then, connect the full body IK to bone deform and turn on the display on the bone deform node.
Press play and your animation should now be retargeted to your character.