First, either set up your mocap suit for recording or play a recorded take on loop.
- Go to Main Menu --> Settings
- Enable BVH Capture or Edit depending on your needs. Capture is for live recording; Edit is for streaming a recorded take.
- Skeleton: Axis Legacy
- Enable Displacement
Axis Neuron/Pro Settings
- Go to File --> Settings --> Broadcasting
- Enable TCP data stream under the BVH submenu
- Go to Output Format and enable Displacement
Live Stream Setup in iClone
Now, it’s time to open iClone.
- Load a CC4 or Customer character to your iClone scene
- In the main menu, navigate to Plugins>Motion LIVE>Motion LIVE
In the Motion LIVE menu:
- Make sure IP and port are correct
- Click the green circles next to Body and/or Hands
- Find your character in the Character List
- Double click the triangle and click Perception Neuron
- Remember to set the Control Mode to Finger if you have finger animation and to set it to Hand if you do not
- Click Preview to make sure everything is working
- Before you start recording, go to Edit --> Project Settings, and make sure the total frames are the correct length. iClone will stop recording as soon as it hits the end of its timeline
- When you are ready to record, click Record