Import an FBX from axis and attach it to a Noitom robot skeleton.
- If you are using Axis Studio, use the Studio_Robot_Skeleton.
- If you are using Axis Neuron or Axis Neuron Pro, use the PN_PNPro_Robot_Skeleton and rotate the FBX 90 degrees in x on import.
Now, double click on the animation to open it.
- In the top right corner, click on the skeleton tab.
- In the top left, select the retarget manager.
- Under “set up a rig” select a humanoid rig and load the Perception Neuron Bone or PN_Studio_BoneMapping depending on which skeleton you are using.
- Under “Current Skeleton”, click add and select your skeleton.
- In the top left corner, click preview mesh and select one of the options.
- Hit apply and save.
- Open the skeleton of the character you want to retarget to.
- Go to the retarget manager and under set up rig, select, humanoid. You can load the Mixamo template if you are using a Mixamo rig, otherwise you can try the automap and manually fix anything the automap missed.
- Go to the “current skeleton” menu and click add and select your character’s skeleton.
Remember: both characters must be in a T pose.
- If one of them is not, open that character's skeleton and move the bones into a T-pose. Make sure it looks correct from all angles
- Save your T-pose as a pose asset.
- Click modify pose in the bottom left cover of the skeleton window and select the T-pose asset.
To remap an individual animation, go to your animation file in the content browser.
- Right click -->retarget anim assets --> duplicate anim assets --> retarget.
- Select the character you want to retarget to, what you want to name the new file, and where you want to save it.
- Click retarget
To remap a skeleton so all animations for that skeleton transfer
- Right click on the Noitom robot skeleton you are using
- Click retarget to another skeleton
- Select the character you want to retarget to
- Click retarget.