You can package a project to drive animation outside the editor in a windows .exe application.
Follow steps listed above to get animation flowing into unreal.
- Have data streaming into unreal and your character being animated in the editor
- Click Open Level Blueprint
- Create a new variable called “Live Link Handle” where the Variable Type is Live Link Source Handle
- In the Level Blueprint
- Create an on Event Begin Play node, output a Create Neuron Live Link Source at Runtime node and Set the “Live Link Handle” Variable that you created.
- Also add an on Event End Play node and output a Remove Source node with the Get "Live Link Handle” as a Source Handle pin
- To fill in the connection string pin from the from the Neuron Live Link Source at Runtime node
- Navigate to the Live Link connection window
- Select the Axis Neuron live Subject Name and expand the settings section
- Locate Connection string and copy the string
- Paste string into the Create Neuron Live Link Source at Runtime node
- Compile, Save and package your Project.