Perception Neuron 32 hardware can be connected to a network via WIFI signal. The PN32 Hub has a built-in wifi atenna that allows this setup. In order to setup WIFI mode, you will need to obtain a wireless router. The following article will help you choose the right router and walk you through how to setup the configuration.
The following is required to operate the Perception Neuron 32 suits in WIFI mode. These items are not shipped or sold from our online store.
Generally any wireless router with 2.4G will work with PN 32. Make sure that you have sufficient ports to connect your computer. Wireless range depends on how well your router covers your location, purchase according to coverage need.
Suggestions: TPLINK ROUTER
Perception Neuron 32 operates with low power requirement. Size is upmost importance, we recommend obtaining a small battery pack so that portability is key. A power capacity of 5000 mAh will operate your PN SUIT ( Full body + Finger) about 4-5 hours.
Suggestion: Anker Astro E1
MAGAZINE HOLSTER (OPTIONAL)
If you have someone performing fast movements or dancing, using a holster to hold your battery in place will prevent the battery from moving and keep it on the belt of the HIP STRAP.
1) Only have one NETWORK CONNECTION active. Active connection should be that of your connected router ONLY
2) Ensure that the connection from your machine to the router is via ETHERNET CABLE. Connect the computer to an open LAN port.
3) For first time operators, DYNAMIC IP is fine. Advance users can seup
- Open Axis Neuron.
- Go to File>Settings>General. In the Neuron Host Address, Axis Neuron will detect the IP address assigned to your computer. Confirm correct IP address, then click Ok.
- Connect the Perception Neuron HUB
- Open the Equipment List.
- Click on Setup
- Locate your routers SSID, Select the SSID and enter your routers PASSWORD at the prompt
- Click Apply
- Disconnect the USB cable from the DATA port, connect a USB cable from the 5V/2A to a portable battery pack (See image below)
- Click Finish, and you are now left with the EQUIPMENT LIST prompt with your HUB now listed.
- Click connect.